Q: I am changing jobs and need to prove that I am eligible to keep my current status of residence. What are the necessary procedures?

When changing jobs, you can apply for a Certificate of Authorized Employment at a regional immigration bureau so that it serves as evidence that your new job falls under the current status of residence. If you need this certificate to submit to your new employer, it will take about 1 to 3 months to get processed. For further information about required documents and procedures, please refer to the website of the Ministry of Justice.

[Reference] Application for Certificate of Authorized Employment

The list of Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about studying abroad

Questions about a visa and status of residence

Questions about a salary

  • Q: What is the difference between Gakumen and Tedori?
  • Q: What is Minashi Zangyo?
  • Questions about a life

  • Q: How can I get a driver’s license in Japan?