Q: I am currently outside of Japan and my permitted period of stay is expiring soon. Is it possible to apply for an extension at a local Japanese embassy?

You cannot apply for an extension at a diplomatic mission aboard. You have to re-enter Japan and renew your permitted period of stay at a regional immigration bureau that has jurisdiction over your current home address.

The list of Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about studying abroad

Questions about a visa and status of residence

Questions about a salary

  • Q: What is the difference between Gakumen and Tedori?
  • Q: What is Minashi Zangyo?
  • Questions about a life

  • Q: How can I get a driver’s license in Japan?