Q: I am illegally staying Japan beyond the period of stay and wish to leave Japan. What do I need to prepare?

If a foreign national is illegally staying Japan beyond the period of stay, he/she must voluntarily appear at a regional immigration bureau (Sapporo, Sendai, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Hiroshima, Takamatsu, Fukuoka) or a district immigration office (Yokohama, Kobe, Naha). In doing so, make sure you bring some form of identification such as a passport and a residence card. At this point, it is not required to purchase an airline ticket to leave Japan.

The list of Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about studying abroad

Questions about a visa and status of residence

Questions about a salary

  • Q: What is the difference between Gakumen and Tedori?
  • Q: What is Minashi Zangyo?
  • Questions about a life

  • Q: How can I get a driver’s license in Japan?