Most employers usually ask part-time workers for at least three months of service, but there are part-time jobs with a minimum span of one month, one week or even one day. So, it is not impossible to find a part-time job for a three-month stay. Part-time jobs that are popular for a short time frame include jobs at ski sites, seaside resorts, and hotels and restaurants at such resort locations.
The list of Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about studying abroad
Questions about job hunting
- Q: How should I start a job search in Japan?
- Q: Is it difficult to find a job as an English teacher in Japan if English is not my native language?
- Q: Is it possible to find a job for a stay of less than three months?
- Q: When’s the ideal time for foreign students to start job hunting?
- Q: In Japan, when’s the ‘right time’ to search for a job?
- Q: Are there any qualifications that might prove helpful when searching for jobs at Japanese companies?
- Q: Would I be considered for a position to engage in global operations if I get hired at a foreign company in Japan?
- Q: Can I get a job in Japan with a high school degree from my home country?
- Q: I don’t know what kind of jobs match my educational background.
- Q: What is the difference between new graduate recruitment and mid-career recruitment?
Questions about visa and status of residence
- Q: What is a visa?
- Q: What do the “status of residence” and “period of stay” mean?
- Q: What is the Certificate of Eligibility?
- Q: What kind of procedure is expected for a foreign national who wishes to invite relatives to Japan during summer vacation?
- Q: How many months in advance should one apply for a renewal of status of residence?
- Q: Currently I live in Japan with a Dependent visa. What are the necessary procedures to visit my home country?
- Q: I am currently outside of Japan and my permitted period of stay is expiring soon. Is it possible to apply for an extension at a local Japanese embassy?
- Q: Could I still keep my passport while I am applying for an extension of the period of stay? Also, am I allowed to travel outside of Japan?
- Q: My visa as a Specialist in Humanities/International Services is about to expire and I am changing jobs soon. What is the required visa procedure?
- Q: I am changing jobs and need to prove that I am eligible to keep my current status of residence. What are the necessary procedures?
- Q: With the expiration of my visa, when do I need to get a job offer by?
- Q: I am illegally staying Japan beyond the period of stay and wish to leave Japan. What do I need to prepare?