業務委託 ぎょうむいたく gyomu itaku (subcontracting)
This term, which can refer to both subcontracting or outsourcing, is the process of requesting an outside individual or company to perform a job or task. A slight distinction can be made in that subcontracting is more commonly associated with hiring an individual or company to complete a specialized task that typically cannot be done internally. On the other hand, outsourcing is generally a cost-cutting measure of having the outside individual/company take over tasks once done in-house.
I signed a contract related to subcontracting yesterday.
Glossary of software engineering
- Ningetsu (person-month) / Ninnichi (person-day)
- Shinchoku ; Progress
- Rikabari Suru ；Perform a Recovery
- Seikabutsu ；Deliverable
Jobs for Foreign Software Engineers
Japan’s IT Industry
- Characteristics of the Japanese IT Industry
- Japanese Language Levels for IT Industry Jobs
- The Benefits of Working at a Tech Company
- The Disadvantages of Working at a Tech Company
Salaries for Software Engineers
Visa for Software Engineers