Both of the following terms are used predominantly in the IT field as units of measurement to estimate an amount of work.
人月 にんげつ ningetsu (person-month)
A person-month is the amount of work done by one person in one month, often based on the assumption of 20 work days in a month. This unit helps measure or estimate the total length of time required to complete a task or project.
The cost of one programmer working for one month is called the “unit cost per person-month”.
人日 にんにち ninnichi (person-day)
A person-day is the amount of work done by one person in one day, often based on the assumption of 8 hours of work in a day. This unit helps measure or estimate the number of hours required to complete a task or project.
I think we should plan on 10 person-days for this project.
Glossary of software engineering
- Ningetsu (person-month) / Ninnichi (person-day)
- Shinchoku ; Progress
- Rikabari Suru ；Perform a Recovery
- Seikabutsu ；Deliverable
Jobs for Foreign Software Engineers
Japan’s IT Industry
- Characteristics of the Japanese IT Industry
- Japanese Language Levels for IT Industry Jobs
- The Benefits of Working at a Tech Company
- The Disadvantages of Working at a Tech Company
Salaries for Software Engineers
Visa for Software Engineers