According to NHK, one of the strongest typhoons never before seen is approaching to Japan.
jopus recommends you to take the following measures:
- Prepare a water supply for at least one week, leave your bathtub filled with water for general use
- Buy canned non-perishable goods
- Anticipate the purchase of batteries, flashlights, and first aid material
- Have your documents ready
- Pay attention to the announces they make on the speakers in your neighborhood
- Locate the refuge that is nearest to your house
- Maintain all your devices properly charged, such as phones, laptops, tablets, etc. The Internet might be your only communication tool
- People who don’t speak any Japanese, prepare a text with key phrases to communicate with firemen or even to call an ambulance
- Make sure your car has enough gasoline
Most foreigners don’t understand the magnitude of a typhoon this big, please share this information to alert them.